GRADUATE STUDENT FELLOWS PROGRAM
2016-2017 GRADUATE STUDENT CONFERENCE FELLOWSHIP
Announcement: The American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE),
Inc. is now accepting applications for the AAHHE Graduate Student Fellows Program
(GSFP) for the 2017 AAHHE National Conference.
The conference will be held March 9-11, 2017, at the Hotel Irvine in Irvine, California. Participation in the fellowship program will begin on
Wednesday March 8th, continue throughout the conference, and end at noon on Saturday March 11th.
AAHHE Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Fellowship Applicants must meet the
- Be Hispanic and/or Latina/o;
- Be enrolled in full-time graduate study in a doctoral program;
- Demonstrate academic potential through past experiences and future career goals;
- Aspire to enter the college/university professoriate and/or administration;
- Exhibit a track record of service to the Hispanic and/or Latina/o community.
- Be willing to actively participate in and commit to attend every GSFP event.
The AAHHE Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Fellowship includes conference
registration fees, special events, hotel accommodations, and travel funding.
Graduate Fellowship recipients are expected to engage throughout the conference through
- Participate in all fellowship program and conference sessions and special events
(March 8th - March 11th);
- Formally present your research to other AAHHE Graduate Fellows in the Graduate Research
Symposium and/or in a general conference poster session
- Provide staffing support for AAHHE activities and interact with AAHHE members and
- Engage in informal discussions on research interests with AAHHE members;
- Develop a Policy Brief under the guidance of an AAHHE member
Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Fellows Application Procedures:
To apply for an AAHHE Graduate Student Fellowship, submit the following materials
no later than Friday, September 23, 2016 by 5pm (EST).
- Application form
- Statement of interest (no more than 2 single-spaced pages or 1,000 words)
- Research topic (no more than 150 words)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- One letter of support from an advisor, supervisor, or faculty member (additional
letters will not be considered)
Please Note: Applicants are responsible for ensuring all materials are submitted
no later than Friday, September 23, 2016 by 5 pm (EST) to be considered
for this fellowship. Late applications will not be considered. AAHHE will notify
recipients by Sunday, October 30th regarding the status of their application
Click here for the application.
If you would like more information, please contact Aurora Kamimura, Graduate
Student Fellows Program Chair, via e-mail at email@example.com