AAHHE is proud to announce the 2013 award recipients.
AAHHE is proud to be the sole organization that honors key leaders,
scholars, teachers, and artists that have advocated, supported,
and championed Latinos in higher education. These awards have
been developed to honor individuals who, through their expertise,
energy, productivity, and contributions, have improved the
conditions of Latinos pursuing a college degree or a career
in higher education. The
awards are based on open nominations, and the winners are selected
by a subcommittee of the AAHHE Board. AAHHE will recognize the
winners each year at the Annual AAHHE National Conference Awards
Luncheon. The 2014 Award Nominations are due September 27, 2013.
The AAHHE award categories and sponsors are:
- Alfredo G. de los Santos Jr. Distinguished Leadership in Higher Education (sponsored by the Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education)
- Outstanding Latino/a Faculty: Research/Teaching in Higher
Education, Research Institutions (Sponsored by Southwest Airlines Co.)
- Outstanding Latino/a Faculty: Service/Teaching in Higher
Education, Teaching Institutions
- Outstanding Support of Hispanic Issues in Higher Education
- Outstanding Latino/a Cultural Award in Fine or Performing Arts
- Outstanding Latino/a Cultural Award in Literary Arts or Publications (sponsored by AT&T)
- Distance Learning in Higher Education (sponsored by University of Phoenix)
Be sure to complete and return the 2014 Award Nominations
by September 28, 2012.
Click here for award descriptions and a list of past recipients.