AAHHE 2017 Conference Sessions
March 9, 2017, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Pre-Conference Workshop #1
"Re-Envisioning Leadership within a New Higher Education Paradigm"
This workshop introduces a ground breaking program of leadership development, which connects issues of equity, diversity, and
inclusion with the public good mission of higher education.
- John C Burkhardt , Professor of Clinical Practice, Center for the Study of Higher and Post secondary Education, Founding Director, National Forum of Higher Education for the Public Good, University of Michigan
- Noe Ortega, Managing Director, New Leadership Academy, National Forum on Higher Education for the Public Good, University of Michigan
- Betty J Overton-Adkins, Clinical Professor, Center for the Study of Higher Education and Post secondary Education, Faculty Director, National Forum on Higher Education for the Public Good, University of Michigan
Pre-Conference Workshop #2
"Community College Best Practices, "Laredo Community College and Texas A&M International University: Focus on Student Success"
Using research focused on student success best practices and focus group information, a Summer Program at Laredo Community College
uses four years of data to address the challenge of specifically working with Hispanic students in innovative ways.
- Alicia Gonzalez-Quiroz, Ph.D. Activity Director, Title V Grant, U.S. Department of Education
- Nora R Garza, Ph.D. Projector Director, V.P. for Resources Development, Laredo Community College
Pre-Conference Workshop #3
"Pathways to a Career"
To address educational and professional skills for post baccalaureate placements.
- Mark Kamimura, Director of Graduate Student Success, Rackham Graduate School, University of Michigan