|2012-2013 FACULTY FELLOWSHIP
Announcement: The American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE), Inc. is now accepting applications for the AAHHE Junior Faculty Fellows Program for the 2013 AAHHE National Conference: "Toward a Latino Attainment Agenda: Shaping our Own Destiny." The conference will be held March 28-30, 2013, at the Hyatt Regency Riverwalk Hotel, San Antonio, Texas. Participation in the Faculty Fellows Program will begin on Tuesday March 26th, continue throughout the conference, and end on the evening of Saturday March 30th.
Fellowship Applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Hispanic, Latina/o and or Chicana/o Background;
- Currently serving as an untenured, tenure-track faculty member with priority given to applicants in years one, two, or three;
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a defined area of scholarship;
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the enhancement of Latinas/os in higher education.
The AAHHE/Ford Multidisciplinary Faculty Fellowship includes:
- Conference registration fees
- Special events
- Hotel accommodations
- Travel (funds available for faculty unable to secure additional support from their departments)
Fellowship recipients are expected to participate in the following:
- Attend the entire conference (including special events sponsored by AAHHE)
- Provide staffing support for AAHHE activities (interact with other AAHHE members)
- Provide an unpublished manuscript for review by a senior faculty member
- Participate in all Faculty Fellows activities
Applications are due by Friday, September 28, 2012.
Online application available here.
Click here for printer-friendly version.
If you would like more information, please contact Leticia Oseguera, Faculty Fellows Program Chair, via e-mail at email@example.com.