|2013-2014 GRADUATE STUDENT CONFERENCE FELLOWSHIP
Announcement: The American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE), Inc. is now accepting applications for the AAHHE/Ford Graduate Student Fellows Program (GSFP) for the 2014 AAHHE National Conference "American Prosperity: The Academic Success of Hispanics." The conference will be held March 6-8, 2014, at the Hilton Costa Mesa, Costa Mesa, CA. Participation in the fellowship program will begin on Wednesday March 5th, continue throughout the conference, and end on the evening of Saturday March 8th.
AAHHE/Ford Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Fellowship Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be Hispanic and/or Latina/o;
- Be enrolled in full-time or part-time graduate study in a doctoral program;
- Demonstrate academic potential through past experiences and future career goals;
- Aspire to enter the college/university professoriate and/or administration;
- Exhibit a track record of service to the Hispanic and/or Latina/o community.
- Be willing to actively participate in and commit to attend every GSFP event.
The AAHHE/Ford Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Fellowship includes conference registration fees, special events, hotel accommodations, and travel funding. AAHHE will extend invitations to 30 fully funded students.
Graduate Fellowship recipients are expected to engage throughout the conference through the following:
- Participate in all fellowship program and conference sessions and special events (March 5th - March 8th);
- Formally present your research to other AAHHE Graduate Fellows in the Graduate Research Symposium and/or in a general conference poster session
- Provide staffing support for AAHHE activities and interact with AAHHE members and conference attendees;
- Engage in informal discussions on research interests with AAHHE members;
- Develop a Policy Brief under the guidance of an AAHHE member by May 20, 2014
Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Fellows Application Procedures:
To apply for an AAHHE Graduate Student Fellowship, submit the following materials no later than Friday, September 27, 2013 by 5pm (EST) at: http://aahhe.org/gradStudentProgramForm.aspx
- Application form
- Statement of interest (no more than 2 single-spaced pages or 1,000 words)
- Research topic (no more than 150 words)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- One letter of support from an advisor, supervisor, or faculty member (additional letters will not be considered)
Please Note: Applicants are responsible for ensuring all materials are submitted no later than Friday, September 27, 2013 by 5 pm (EST) to be considered for this fellowship. Late applications will not be considered. AAHHE will notify recipients by Monday, November 4th regarding the status of their application
Online application available here.
Click here for a printer-friendly version.
If you would like more information, please contact Yanira Madrigal-Garcia, Graduate Student Fellows Program Chair, via e-mail at email@example.com.